Last Modified: 23rd May 2018
At CMAP Software, we are committed to respecting your privacy. This policy is concerned with how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have with respect to this information. We may update this document from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your information, or to reflect any changes to data protection law. Please check back frequently; you will be able to see if changes have been made by referring to the last modified date at the top of this page.
In this policy, references to CMAP Software, or CMAP, or to ‘we’ or ‘us’ are to CMAP Software Ltd.
CMAP Software Ltd is a registered company in England No. 09732010 at Market House, Wilmslow, Cheshire, United Kingdom SK9 1AX.
If you are a CMAP customer and have any questions around the privacy of our application, please contact our Support Team.
Information we collect and receive
What we need
CMAP Software is what’s known as the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We will only collect basic personal data about you like your full name, telephone number, email address and job title.
We will be very clear with you that we wish to collect such information and our reason for collecting such information.
How we obtain your details
We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us.
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- During the course of sales and marketing activities (e.g. direct marketing)
- When you provide permission to other organisations to share it with us (e.g. Linkedin, Twitter)
- When we collect it as you use our website. For example, when you submit your contact details via a demo request or contact form on our website.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- When you have given it to a third party and you have provided permission to pass your information on to us.
- From publicly available sources (where possible) to keep your information up to date (e.g. Companies House).
We combine information from these sources with the information you provide to us directly in order to provide the best experience based on your unique preferences.
From time to time, we may pay for the contact details of people who might be interested in hearing from us in future. Before we purchase contact information, we always check the wording used when your information was originally collected, to make sure that we only contact people who have actively expressed an interest in receiving information from third parties.
When providing permission for third party organisations to share your data you should check their Privacy Policies carefully to understand fully how they will process your data.
How we use information
We generate and collect your personal data in connection with specific activities, such as campaign updates, newsletter requests, demo requests or enquiries through our website, feedback & direct marketing.
The information is either needed to fulfil your request, to carry out business development activities & direct marketing campaigns, or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don't have to disclose any of this information to browse our sites.
We will process your personal data to provide you with information about our software or our activities that you have requested or are expecting. Sometimes, we may send information to you when you have not requested it, this only occurs when identified as within our legitimate interests to do so. In any circumstance, you are free to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
We process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. These legitimate interests include providing you with information on our services, products, newsletter requests, feedback, and other activities. Including those of other, carefully selected third party organisations, such as Integration Partners or Implementation Partners of CMAP Software.
As our software is only sold and used business-to-business, we are governed by specific legislation in regards to direct marketing activities. They are PECR regulations (UK), CAN-SPAM (USA) and European Directive 2002/58/EC (EU), commonly known as the "e-privacy Directive".
If you are an EU citizen, please see our Legitimate Interest statement for more information on our legal basis for processing data.
On other occasions, we may process personal data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract or where we are required to do this by law or other regulations.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK, however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance your information may be situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This will be done in accordance with guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to change the way you hear from us or no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from then use the contact form on our Contact Us page, reply directly to any marketing emails you have received, click "unsubscribe", or inform us during any telephone conversations.
GDPR: Legal reason for processing your data
We have a number of lawful reasons that mean we can use (or 'process') your personal information. One lawful reason is something called 'legitimate interests'. Broadly speaking Legitimate Interests means we can process your personal information if:
- We have a genuine and legitimate reason.
- We are not harming any of your rights and interests.
Please read the Legitimate Interest statement for more information.
Sharing your information
We will never sell or rent your personal information to other organisations.
We only disclose information to third parties or individuals when obliged to by law, for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigations and the following:
- If you have agreed that we may do so.
- When we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, e.g. processing, mailing or delivering orders, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending mail and emails, customer analysis, assessment and profiling, when using auditors/advisors or processing credit/debit card payments.
- If we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from one of our sites, to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of CMAP Software, our Website or our visitors and for other lawful purposes.
- If we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, supporters, customers and sales to describe our services and operations to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information.
- If we run an event in partnership with other named organisations your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your data when you register.
Retaining your information
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For example, we will remove your details from our database if you no longer work at the organisation we are marketing to.
CMAP provides you with the option to opt-out of our communications at any time in accordance with PECR regulations (UK), CAN-SPAM (USA) and localised derivatives of European Directive 2002/58/EC (EU).
If you request that we have no further contact with you, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future and to ensure that we don’t accidentally duplicate information.
If you are a resident in the EU or an EU citizen, please click here to read about our GDPR Data Retention periods.
What are your rights?
The GDPR, starting on 25th May 2018, gives every EU resident and citizen a number of very important rights. These are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed).
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access).
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification).
- Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing).
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be 'forgotten').
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object).
- Obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes (right to data portability).
- Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling).
If you would like to know more about your rights under the data protection law see the Information Commissioners Office website.
Remember, you can change the way you hear from us or withdraw your permission for us to processing your personal data at any time by using the form on our Contact Us page or via the details listed under 'How to contact us'.
If you would like more information on CMAP & GDPR, click here.
How to contact us
- By telephone: (UK) +44(0)1625 446 034
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|CMAP Software HQ - EMEA Enquiries|
|Market House, Church Street|
Please note that calls may be monitored or recorded.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law; you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: +44 (0) 303 123 1113